Saturday, December 13, 2014

Boy or girl, girl or boy?!

Haha, I love this. I needed this weeks ago! It's definitely a boy or a girl. And in a few short days, we will know which one it is! I wanted to check out some old wives tales like I did when I was pregnant with Claire, and share some dreams I've had, before we officially find out. These are so silly, but it's fun to look back on! Of course there's a 50% chance it's a boy and a 50% chance it's a girl, and 100% chance it's a boy or girl ;)

Chinese calendar: Girl
Heartbeat (faster than 140 bpm = girl; slower than 140 bpm = boy): we have only gotten one heart rate and that was at the first ultrasound. It was 132 (but Claire's was about the same at that point, too), so that's all I have to go on. So undecided since it gets faster as time goes on and that was at 6 weeks!
Morning sickness (very sick = girl; not so sick = boy): LOTS of nausea so I will say Girl
Skin (breakouts = girl; clear skin = boy): Girl
Leg hair growth (no more than usual = girl; lots of growth = boy): ha, weird. Girl
Cravings (sweet = girl; salty = boy): Girl
Bump position (high and wide = girl; low and centered = boy): Since I’m not really showing, I feel like it’s hard to say. At this point, I can’t tell and just feel like it’s low and wide! Ha! No answer for this one.
Breast growth (lots of growth = girl; not much = boy): Girl
Mayan calendar: Boy
Sympathy weight (if your husband gains weight during the pregnancy = girl; if he doesn't = boy): I think he's gained maybe a few pounds, nothing major.  Girl?
Which side do you lay on when resting (right side = girl; left side = boy): almost always left, Boy
"mother's intuition" says- Depends on the day, although I'm leaning more toward girl, so....undecided!

"father's intuition" says- J says Girl
Girl: 8
Boy: 2
We will soon find out if these old wives are right or wrong!
Now for my dreams. I have only had three and they are all different! The first I was at an ultrasound (yes, I'm even dreaming about ultrasounds!) and found out I was having twins! The next I was at the doctor's office or hospital and a nurse passed me and said "I heard it's a boy!". In the last dream, we had gotten a report back from some DNA testing that would tell you if you were having a boy or girl and our results were "XXY" which, in my dream, meant girl. SO at this point if we go in and find out there are two babies in there, I won't be that surprised and I could almost guarantee there would be a boy and a girl! It would also explain my going back and forth on boy or girl. It feels weird not having more of an instinct like I felt like I did with Claire!
I also have a couple stories to share that make me feel like they are signs pointing to girl, but of course, WHO KNOWS. J and I have known for a long time if we had another girl we want to name her Kate. Back when Claire was just a few months old, we were shopping at a children's boutique and at the register they had necklaces you could buy with charms with your child's name engraved. They had one necklace on display as an example. The necklace had two charms, Claire and Kate. Weird, right?! The other was after I found out I was pregnant this time. Side story, before I ever got pregnant I was convinced we'd have a boy. But the moment I took the pregnancy test and saw it was positive, "it's a girl" popped in my head. Like a very matter of fact thought from I don't know where. It was definitely weird! Anyway, after I found out about baby #2 my mom and I were talking about baby names. We are still undecided on boy names (like really undecided. Have not been able to agree on one name!), but I was telling her about Kate and she wondered what the name meant. After I got off the phone with her, I looked it up and found Kate means pure and bright. Claire's name means clear and bright. Pretty neat, right? All of this could mean nothing, but if it turns out to be a girl, I think these are pretty cool to remember! :)

No comments: