Sunday, June 17, 2012

27 weeks



How far along? 27 weeks
(27 weeks, 6 days today and picture taken at 27 weeks, 1 day)
Maternity clothes? Still just the one pair of maternity pants and belly band. Everything else is from before- although, I don't wear many of my regular pants anymore and the pants I do wear were ones that were big on me. I stick mostly to bottoms with stretch or dresses!
Movement? I am finding she likes to hang out on my right side/under my ribs! Last week my belly was a little lopsided and you could tell she was on the right side. Sometimes its hard to lean to the right, because she's wedged herself somewhere in there!
Cravings?
fruit, candy, Cracker Barrel cornbread muffins (thanks mom!)
Anything make you queasy or sick? spinach and pizza
Sleep? sore subject :) Although, I slept GREAT Saturday night- hopefully this is a good sign for how my vacation sleep will be!
Best moment this week: most definitely our ultrasound Thursday!! Baby girl is doing great- she is swallowing (we could see her little lips opening and closing!) and practicing her breathing. Also found out she is lodged up on my right side- her head was beneath my right ribs. I knew something was keeping me from bending or leaning that way! Her estimated weight is 2lbs, 2oz which is the 67th percentile. She also has some incredibly adorable feet :) So happy for another great report!!
Gender: Girl
Labor signs?
none
Symptoms? getting hard to bend over for things; sore "chest"; my belly is definitely sticking out farther than my chest- which has not been the case for a looong time. While heating up some spaghetti sauce and testing it, a drop fell right past my chest and onto my belly! aches/pains (round ligament pain/growing pains/gas pains/who knows!); heartburn/reflux
Belly button in or out? the bottom half is starting to get pretty flat!
What I miss: not knowing what it feels like to have your cervix checked...oy!
Weekly wisdom: growing a baby can hurt! (and she's got a long way to grow!)
What I am looking forward to: GOING TO THE BEACH! Most of week 28 will be spent relaxing and laying in the water! Then we're coming home a couple days early to work on the house and her room- baby's crib came in (THANK YOU Mom/LuLu!) and we ordered the glider (THANK YOU Dad/Papa + Sarah D/Sadee!) :) It's slowly coming together!
Milestones: Last week in the 2nd trimester! WOW.

No comments: