Sunday, March 15, 2015

31 Weeks

{3.13.2015}


How far along? 31 weeks
Maternity clothes? Still getting away with a lot of non-maternity. Although my yoga pants are pretty much out of the picture. Just getting too tight on my stomach and I don't want to stretch them out!
Weight gain: Finally had my weigh in after 6 weeks! And it wasn't bad!! I gained 8lbs since my last appointment 6 weeks ago. I'll take it! (Although, I'm pretty sure I'm on track to gain about the same as I did with Claire. Oh well!)
Movement?  Lots and lots! I told Dr. Garrison this week I think she's awake more than asleep in there. She still seems to prefer lounging on the right side. She also gets the hiccups all the time!
Cravings? Can't think of anything that really sticks out this week (other than the usual...SWEETS!)
Anything make you queasy or sick? Still cautious with chicken, but had some the other day with no issues
Sleep? Sleep is pretty good. Still trying to make myself get to bed earlier! Had one night this week where I woke up a couple of times from hip pain (so it begins...definitely remember this with Claire), so I started sleeping with a pillow between my knees (as well as the one under my belly) and it hasn't happened since. Hopefully I can delay it a bit longer with all the pillows!
Best moment this week: A good check-up and Claire has been really into playing "baby doctor". We have a doppler at home and she's gotten it out a couple of times this week. She instructs me to lay down on the couch and hands me the gel and the doppler. Her face lights up when we hear the heartbeat :) Then it's "Claire James" turn and she lays on the couch and pulls up her shirt. It's really cute. The doppler makes loud noises when you move it around, so she'll say "Hear that? Lion! Roooar!"
Gender: Still a girl as far as we know! ;)
Labor signs? Had what I think was mild cramping, but wasn't associated with my Braxton Hicks, so it could be a variety of things. My doctor wasn't concerned, so I'm not either!
Symptoms? Not as much energy these days; had a few bouts of indigestion this week- which reminds me, I wonder if she will have a head full of hair or not?! I think after Claire, it would be so strange to have a bald baby!!; mild cramping; pubic bone pain; running out of breath easily- reading to Claire, walking up the stairs, even just standing still holding Claire makes me feel like I'm out of breath, haha (that is like an extra 60lbs I'm carrying when I hold her!); I noticed in this week's picture my hair is getting crazy long! Maybe the hormones are making it grow super fast?
Belly button in or out? Out to stay (or for the next 8ish weeks!)
What I miss: Not much honestly. Other than maybe not loving the pubic bone pain or running out of breath walking from one room to the other ;)
What I am looking forward to: I am so curious to know what she is going to look like!! But I am not in a rush! My weekly ultrasounds start super soon (32 weeks!!), so I'm hoping we might get some "previews"
Milestones: Does hitting the 30lb weight gain mark count? Eek. I also got my Rhogam shot this week (because I am RH-Negative) so I can check that off the list! And Claire hated seeing mommy get a shot :( She recovered quickly once the nurse was done and saw I got a band-aid and was ok :) 

A few with the big-sister-to-be (well, sort of. She was busy eating an apple, but had to be sure she was standing right next to me) :)


No comments: