Friday, February 20, 2015

28 Weeks


{2.20.2015}
 

How far along? 27 weeks
Weight gain? No idea. Not sure I want to know!  Ha
Maternity clothes? Still mixing it up and hopefully not stretching out my regular clothes along the way...
Movement?  This baby moves SO much! I think she's awake more than she's asleep. Lots of bigger rolls and movements this week.

Cravings? Other than candy, nothing in particular sticks out. We were iced in this week and didn't leave the house for a few days, so we made do with what we had here. Which was a lot of sweets left over from my birthday...oops! Claire and I baked some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and they didn't last very long :)
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope
Sleep? Sleeping well!
Best moment this week: Getting to see baby girl at our ultrasound Thursday! Claire was so excited to go to the "baby doctor" and hear the "heart beep" :) Our appointment wasn't until late afternoon and J took the day off, so we went to lunch (and FINALLY got out of the house!) and the whole way there Claire was asking "baby doctor?". She was ready to go after her nap when I woke her up and told her it was time to go to the doctor! :) Ultrasound was to check growth and just a routine ultrasound I have every 4 weeks after week 20. They check growth, breathing, organs, and maybe a couple other things. Her head was down and her feet were up in my right ribs- the right side is where I feel a lot of kicks. Claire liked hanging out on the right side, too. I guess that's the comfy spot in my uterus ;) She is measuring in the 42nd percentile and weighs about 2lbs 8oz. She was opening and closing her mouth and took a big yawn! Everything looked great.
I also hit 27 weeks on my birthday (aka 12 weeks max until she's here!) and we did some more birthday celebrating! Mom hung out with me and Claire during the day and we made cookies, had lunch at ChickFilA, and went to see Mr. Steve the Music Man at a candy shop in Green Hills- so really it was more of a fun day for Claire ;), but that's just part of being a mom! It's fun for me to see her having fun! Later, J and I went to a new burger place and saw a movie (and he brought home some of my favorite cupcakes from Cupcake Collection!). Sunday my mom, sisters, their boyfriends/husbands, and Cooper came over for a birthday dinner and hanging out to wrap up the birthday festivities. We had a lot of fun and I can't believe I'm 32. Whoa.
Gender: Baby girl
Labor signs? None
Symptoms? Still pretty tired in the evenings; some indigestion; pubic bone pain (I'm pretty sure that's not going anywhere for a while); rapidly growing belly ;)
Belly button in or out? Out.
What I miss: Not much! I do kind of miss not being scared every time Claire jumps on me, because she of course wants to land right on my belly!
What I am looking forward to: I keep saying this (and we keep making zero progress), but I really am looking forward to working on our projects around the house! I guess I'm more looking forward to the end result, but there's a lot of work that needs to be done between now and then!
Milestones: This past week was the last in the 2nd trimester!! Wow.

No comments: